- 12 slices streaky thick bacon
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Maple Syrup for Drizzle
Equipment: 2 baking sheets, preferably the same size
- Preheat the oven to 170°C – 200°C
- Put bacon slices in a bowl, season them with pepper and toss with the brown sugar. Cover a baking sheet with parchment or foil and arrange the bacon in a single layer on Sprinkle any sugar left in the bowl over the bacon. Top with another layer of parchment or foil and top it, squarely, with another baking sheet. The baking sheet will flatten the bacon as it cooks.
- Place the tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check the bacon by lifting the top tray and parchment. If it is not golden brown and fairly crispy, cook for 10 mins longer to until crisp.