One of my favourite salads. Delicious with some crumbled blue cheese into it also. You can reduce the crabs by leaving out the chickpeas and raisins.
- 1 head cauliflower (1kg)
- Olive oil (25.2g/2 tbsp)
- Salt & Pepper (3g)
- 2 tsp mild curry powder (3.8g)
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced (300g)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (11.4g)
- 50 g golden raisins (50g)
- 1 tin chickpeas (230g drained)
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped (10g)
- 2 heads chicory, sliced (200g)
- 50 g black olives, stoned (optional) (50g)
Preheat oven to 190 C. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Plonk them in a roasting tin. Pour a good glug or three of olive oil over them. Sprinkle with seasoning and the curry powder. Dig them around the place. Scoop them around so they get evenly coated in the spiced olive oil and are well seasoned. Roast for about 20 minutes, until tender and starting to brown. (This may take longer). But taste them and make sure they are well seasoned. Marinate the red onions in the red wine vinegar along with the raisins. Season well. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. When you are ready to serve, mix all the ingredients together: the cauliflower with the red onions and the chives. Mix well and add the chicory and the olives. Taste and add some more olive oil and seasoning if necessary.