Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 125g Simply Better Italian Mozzarella Di Bufala Campana, torn into small pieces
- 4 Tbsp Simply Better Italian Basil Pesto
- 4 Simply Better Fresh Irish Corn Fed Chicken Breast Fillets
- 8 Simply Better Italian Sun Dried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 8 Simply Better Dry Cured Whiskey Smoked Irish Streaky Rashers
or 1 pack of Simply Better Italian Prosciutto Di Parma
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- French Green Beans, to serve Rustic mixed potatoes:
450g Rooster Potatoes, scrubbed 225g Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 Fresh Rosemary Sprig, broken into tiny sprigs
- Simply Better Atlantic Sea Salt & Organic Herbs
- 2 Tbsp Simply Better Sicilian DOP Val Di Mazara Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas Mark 6). Mix together the mozzarella, pesto and sundried tomatoes. Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast and then stuff with the pesto – covered cheese. Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with 2 bacon rashers or slices of prosciutto di parma, not too tightly, but enough to hold the chicken together. Season with salt and pepper.
To make the rustic mixed potatoes, cut the potatoes and sweet potatoes into 5mm (1⁄4in) slices – a Japanese mandolin is perfect for doing this – and arrange in a single layer on a large roasting tray lined with parchment paper. Add the garlic and rosemary and season with salt. Drizzle over the oil and toss until evenly coated. Nestle the pesto-stuffed chicken breasts in the potatoes and roast for 20 – 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy. Remove the chicken from the oven and rest in a warm place for 5 minutes. Return the potatoes to the oven in that time for a final crisp-up.
To serve, arrange the pesto-stuffed chicken breasts on warmed serving plates with steamed French green beans and the rustic mixed potatoes.