- 1 Kilo of Ribs/Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 1 Head of Garlic, cut in half
- 1 Onion, cut in half
- 1 Orange, cut in half
- 1 Lemon, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons of cumin
- 2 Tablespoons of pepper corns
- 4 Tablespoons of oregano
- Sea salt to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Pico de Gallo Salad
- Chilli sauce
- Fresh Coriander
- Place pork in a deep pot, together with garlic, onion, orange, lemon, cumin, pepper corns, oregano, sea salt and just covered with water. Boil partially covered with a lid for 1 hour approx. until tender.
- Remove pork from the pot and place on a wire rack with a tray underneath. Place directly under a very hot grill, cook pork 5 minutes on each side, until brown and crispy.
- Pull pork apart with two forks. Serve hot in corn tortillas with pico de gallo salad , avocado, fresh coriander and chilli sauce (optional).
Alternatively, you can serve this crispy, succulent pork dish with potatoes and vegetables or any of your favourite sides and sauces.
*Chef Tips: Grilling the pork on a wire rack will remove excess fat from the pork carnitas, making them crispy and succulent, with a great texture and flavor. You can season the meat to your liking and serve with a variety of garnishes and toppings.