- In a large sauce pan, place the flank steak & spices and seal on both sides. Add stock, onion, garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cook covered over medium heat for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Save 1 cup of the liquid used to cook the meat. Set aside.
- Remove the beef from the pot and shred with two forks.
- In a saucepan or a frying pan, add oil, scallions, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, tomato paste, sea salt, pepper and chopped tomatoes, stir fry for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Place the shredded beef and 1 cup of beef liquid. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, sprinkle coriander on top, serve with salad, rice, tacos, wholegrain pitta, mashed potatoes or “arepas”.