- Begin by purchasing a fresh quality fillet from your local fishmonger or supermarket. Remove the skin and bones, and place in a tray with Maldon sea salt spread all over the fish and leave for one hour in the fridge. After one hour rinse off the salt and place in cold water and allow to soak for one hour. After the hour, pat the cod fillet dry with a cloth and wrap in cling film to shape the cod nicely.
- Next begin preparing the cauliflower puree. Place the cauliflower in a pot and cover with milk and cook until soft. Place in the blender, puree until smooth (season with a knob of butter, salt and white pepper) and put in a bottle and reserve until ready.
- To make the curry oil place the dry powder in a pan over a low heat for 30 seconds to a minute to release the flavours. Add in the oil and allow to infuse for a few hours and place in a bottle when cooled.
- To make the lemon gel you will need 200ml water, 100ml lemon juice, 100g sugar and 10g agar agar. Place it all in a pan and bring to the boil and pour it into a tray and allow to set in the fridge. Once set, place in in a blender and puree it until smooth and then into a bottle that will allow you to squeeze small quantities out when needed.
- Now we cook the cod! Place in a hot pan without seasoning, then place in the oven for 6 minutes at 180 degrees. Once cooked remove from the oven squeeze in some lemon juice and a knob of butter to glaze.
Place the cod on the plate and dress as per video. Reserve the cooking liquor from the cauliflower earlier. Pass is through a sieve, add a 2 knobs of butter and foam up using a small stick/hand blender. Spoon on the foam to finish with a drizzle of curry oil.