- Cut the chicken in 8 pieces and marinate with the bay leaf, cinnamon stick and the medieval cider for a minimum of 6 to 8 hours (or longer if you prefer).
- After that time, remove the chicken from the marinate, dry it and seal it in a hot pan with coconut oil or olive oil.
- When the chicken is nicely coloured, put it back in the marinate and add the thinly chopped onion, shallot and carrots.
- Cook in oven at 180 degrees for about 45 minutes (with a lid)
- In the meantime, roast the button mushroom in a very hot pan until nicely brown and add a little garlic. Roast the chopped walnut in coconut oil for few minutes or in oven for 10 minutes
- When cooked, remove the chicken, bay leaf and cinnamon stick, reduce the juice by half and then add the crème fraiche.
- Reduce again the sauce until smooth consistency and add some Highbank apple wine, then the roasted button mushroom on top and the roasted walnut.