- 12 Medium Scallops (coral removed)
- 1 Lemon Grass
- 1 Pkt Sliced Cured Ham, Procuitto/Bayonne/Parma
- 200g Wild Rocket
- 1 Small Piece of Parmesan Cheese (Reggiano)
- 60ml Balsamic Vinegar (reduce to 20ml)
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls Butter
- 1 Lemon
- Cut the ham into 12 even strips and roll each strip around the outside of the scallop.
- Place 3 scallops beside one another, roughly the same size.
- Cut the lemon grass lengthways into 4 sticks & skewer the 3 scallops together.
- Heat up a frying pan, when hot add a splash of olive oil then place the scallop skewers into the pan with the exposed flesh facing down.
- Cook one on a high heat for 1min approx then turn down & repeat on the other side for a further minute, the scallop flesh should turn a nice golden colour. Turn the scallop again onto the ham side for 20-30 seconds either side to make it crispy.
- Finally add a small piece of butter & a few drops of lemon juice to the pan and spoon over the top for 5 seconds.
- Remove from the pan onto some kitchen towel to absorb the excess fat.
- Mix the reduced balsamic with the olive oil to make the dressing, spoon a little over the rocket leaves and divide the leaves between each plate.
- Shave the parmesan with a veg. peeler over the top of the leaves and the brochette on top of that.